With over 3000 reviews online, the Lululemon Align pant is undeniably one of the most famous leggings on the internet, and now a standard of measure for leggings in 2020.
I needed to understand the fuss about Lululemon, so I visited a store with my friend and brought an open mind and an open wallet. I’d been searching for the perfect pair of burgundy-colored leggings when I saw the Lululemon Align pants in “Garnet” and I knew I had to have them.
I’ve had my Lululemon Align pants for a little over a year, so if you want a glimpse into the future of your Lulu leggings before spending $100, keep on reading! I would say my experience has been the same as most: pilling, sweat-revealing, fading, not ideal for high impact workouts.
Here’s my review of the Lululemon Align pants, the softest leggings I’ve ever owned.
Details: Lululemon Align Pant
- Size: XXS – XXL
- Fabric: Nulu™
- Care: Machine wash cold, no tumble drying, no bleaching, no ironing
- Features: Moisture-wicking, Breathable
- Price: $98
Description: Lululemon Align Pant
The Lululemon Align pant is a high-rise legging designed for low to medium impact activities. Unlike other compressive activewear, the Lululemon Align waistband has a relaxed fit with a subtle hold-you-in feeling. Also, the waistband is not elasticated, rather it is double-faced for added support.
Although these Lulu pants are advertised as super lightweight leggings with a “barely there” feel, they’re 100% squatproof! The only thing to be wary of is that your panty lines will make it through the very thin fabric.
If you’ve seen any of my previous activewear reviews, you’ll find that panty lines and crotch sweat in leggings are the banes of my existence. Opt for seamless underwear for your Lululemon leggings or go commando underneath your leggings to avoid panty lines altogether.
Also, you should know that the Lululemon Align pant has a long horizontal gusset, so keeping your panty liner in place will be a challenge.
You’ll be happy to know that the Align pant is that it has a pocket, even though the fabric is thin and lightweight! The Align pant is fitted with a hidden horizontal pocket located on the front-left side of the waistband. The pocket is about 5 inches deep and can fit up to two cards while maintaining a sleek look.
Lululemon Align Sizing Review
For reference, I’m a 26″ waist, 32″ bust (DD cup), and 38″ hip, and US clothing size 4. After trying the Align leggings in size 4/XS and 6/S, I found that 6/S had the perfect relaxed fit while 4/XS had a perfect compressive fit. Since they were sold out in 4/XS in Garnet and I really wanted that color, I settled on 6/S.
If you’re in between legging sizes, go with a size on the chart that’s within one or two inches of your true hip and waist measurements. For example, if you have a 26″ waist and 34″ hip, go with a size XS for a relaxed fit and XXS for a compressive fit.
“With a 5-inch wide waistband and 32-inch long inseam, the Lululemon Align leggings are designed with the average-to-tall person in mind. If you are under 5’4″, consider getting the 25″ Align leggings for a sleek knee-to-hem fit with no bunching.”
What I loved
Here’s what I loved about the Lululemon Align Pant:
- Fit: The Align leggings fit like a glove! They form to your body nicely from waist to hem and do not bunch anywhere.
- Style: These gorgeous minimally designed leggings can take you from studio to street.
- Comfort: The fabric is flexible, SUPER soft, and the leggings fit like a second skin. I’ve kissed many spandex frogs, and the Lululemon Align is the OG softest legging on the market! Although the Til You Collapse Resilient leggings are a close contender.
What I’d Improve
A few negatives about the Align leggings:
- Poor Moisture-wicking: The Align pant, although labeled as sweat-wicking, is no match for my intense workout crotch sweat. My leggings do not fail to get soaked within the first 10 minutes of my workout, which is really distracting. My disappointment drove me to purchase another pair of Lululemon leggings with better moisture-wicking properties (See my Lululemon Time to Sweat Tight review)
- Pilling: If you are prone to getting a twinge of annoyance when you see a ball of fiber on your leggings, you may want to think twice about buying the Align pant. These particular Lululemon leggings pill easily, especially in between the thighs. I always hand-washed my Align tights to prevent the fabric from degrading, but I couldn’t control the pilling that occurred from wear! (See the pics below). I’ve seen more intense Align pilling pictures, so this isn’t the worst case.
- Waistband: I often find that I have to tug on the waistband mid-workout. You may be able to avoid this by sizing down your Align leggings.
Should You Buy The Lululemon Align Pants?
- Perfect for low to medium impact activities. Avoid wearing your Lululemon Aligns high impact activities that induce friction like running, as this will increase the chances of your leggings pilling.
- Great for yoga, pilates, and lounging. The Align leggings will move with you through any activity!
- Perfect for athleisure styling. You can wear your Lululemon Aligns from the studio to dinner and still look like you tried.
- Not for the frugal active chick. See affordable activewear brands here!
How To Care For Your Lululemon Align Pants
If you want your $98 Lululemon Align leggings to last you a few more seasons of Grey’s Anatomy, don’t work out in them!
Avoid excess heat from washing in hot water, tumble-drying, or ironing as this can affect the strength of the fibers and degrade the fabric features. Instead, wash in cold water and use a drying rack or opt for a low-heat tumble-dry setting.
Also, air-dry your Align leggings before your next laundry day to prevent the odor-causing bacteria from destroying your lavish Nulu fabric.
Follow these steps to keep your Lululemon workout clothes in pristine condition!
Where To Get Lululemon Align Leggings
You can purchase Lululemon Align leggings on the website. For active babes on a budget, head to Poshmark or Mercari to snag a pair of gently loved Lululemon leggings. This option will be easier on your wallet and will look just as
See More Lululemon Reviews
Stay Safe. Stay Motivated ❤️
Explore Activewear Brands By Category
Explore Activewear By Activity
See More Brands Like Lululemon
If you can't live without leggings, you'll need these...