I planned to get the Excel leggings, but I decided to try something new and go for the shorts instead. The thing is, I like to wear shorts to the gym as much as I enjoy the discomfort of getting a wax (or insert any uncomfortable situation you’d prefer to avoid). I didn’t particularly like the fit of the shorts but the sports bra saved the day.
So if you’re trying to decide which DYE collection to splurge on, here’s my review of the DoYouEven Excel crop and shorts to help you decide.
- Size: XS-XL
- Fabric: 73% Polyester, 27% Spandex – 250GSM
- Color: Pastel Pink
- Care: Machine wash cold, no tumble drying, no bleaching, no ironing, no dry cleaning
- Features: Breathable
- Price: $67
DoYouEven Excel Crop Review
The DoYouEven Excel crop is a racerback style sports bra designed for low to high impact activities. The Excel crop is designed with thick straps for extra support and comfort. It also has a thick underbust band to keep your girls secure!
The Excl crop has contoured seams that run around the bust to create a nice silhouette. There is also a mesh insert in the front of the bra for breathability, as well as removable cup inserts for support.
A metal clasp on the back secures the bra, although neither the bra straps nor the band is adjustable. Also, If you look closely, you’ll notice a piece of branded metal on the back of the bra.
DoYouEven Excel Shorts Review
The DoYouEven Excel shorts are high waist shorts designed for low to high impact activities. The Excel shorts are designed with a double-faced waistband for support and a triangular-shaped gusset for ease of movement.
The waistband is fitted with elastic silicone strips to secure the band to your waist and the inseam is about 2″ long with decent coverage.If you’ve seen any of my previous activewear reviews, you’ll find that panty lines and crotch sweat are the banes of my existence. The Excel fabric is thin, and if you get a light color, you’ll need to get the right pair of panties! Opt for seamless underwear for your Excel shorts but you might be better off going commando in your shorts to avoid panty lines altogether.
While the thin Excel fabric shows every bump and fold, the shorts are still squatproof! The fabric does not sheer out too much when stretched, so you don’t have to worry about your booty or underwear peaking through.
DoYouEven Excel Sizing ReviewFor reference, I’m a 26″ waist, 32″ bust (DD cup), and 38″ hip, and US clothing size 4. I bought the Excel crop and shorts in size small. The bra fit perfectly, but the shorts were roomier than I wanted. The general DYE activewear sizing tip is to get a size that’s within 1-2″ of both your waist and hip measurements. So if you’re a 31″ waist and 42″ hip, your perfect size is an L, but you can also size down to an M depending on the fabric content.
DoYouEven Excel Sizing Tip
The Excel fabric has up to 27% Spandex. This means that you can get away with going one size down for your shorts or leggings.
What I lovedHere’s what I loved about DoYouEven Excel:
1. Affordable: I was on the fence about getting another DYE set, but the low price point lured me.
2. Style: My feels aside, one thing is undeniable, the Excel set is so darn cute! This is the perfect summer athleisure (or low-intensity workout) set.
3. Bra: For someone who prefers to have her boobs stowed away in high-neck high-impact bramors (bra-armor), I’m surprised at how much I like the sweetheart neckline. Also, the Excel bra is quite supportive, although I’m partial to bras with adjustable straps.
What I’d ImproveA few downsides of the DoYouEven Excel set:
- Fabric: DYE raised the bar high for fabric quality with its Impact seamless and Hyperflex seamless collections. Howeverrr, the Excel fabric is missing that same level of quality. While I love that the fabric is stretchy and soft-ish, the fabric just doesn’t look like money.
- Fit: I don’t know if you’ve seen the product images on the brand’s website, but I had high hopes that they would fit me just as well. L.O.L. The fabric bunches in the crotch area and looks awkward on me.
- Support: The Excel line is not the most supportive of the DYE activewear collections. There is minimal compression in the fabric to give you the support you need while weight-lifting or tackling any kind of high-impact workout. Also, the clasp is not adjustable, which makes it a redundant design if you ask me.
It’s safe to say that the Excel line is my least favorite from DoYouEven, but one thing is for sure, this is a cute summer set. I would definitely prefer to see the Impact Seamless or Hyperflex Seamless collections in shorts!
Should You Even DoYouEven Excel?
- Good for low to medium impact activities.
- Great for running errands and lounging.
- Perfect for athleisure styling. Pair your DoYouEven Excel crop and shorts with an oversized denim jacket, and chucks for a cute casual look.
- Great for the frugal active chick.
How To Care For Your DoYouEven Activewear
You’ve gone through the hassle of finding the right activewear for you, spending your hard-earned dough on the new set, and waiting 3-7 excruciating business days for your new clothes, but there’s one more thing. You need to take care of your workout clothes so that they stay looking brand new!
Avoid excess heat from washing in hot water, tumble-drying or ironing as this can affect the strength of the fibers and degrade the fabric features. Instead, wash in cold water and use a drying rack or opt for a low-heat tumble-dry setting. Place your DYE Excel crop in a mesh bag while washing to prevent it from getting snagged by other clothing in the washer.
Air out your DoYouEven Excel shorts and crop after your sweat-sesh to prevent the odor-causing bacteria from ruining your activewear fabric. Follow these steps to keep your workout clothes in pristine condition!
Where To Get DoYouEven Excel
You can find DoYouEven Excel and other DYE activewear on the brand’s website.
See More Do You Even Reviews
Stay Safe. Stay Motivated ❤️
Explore Activewear Brands By Category
Explore Activewear By Activity
See More Activewear Brands Like DoYouEven
If you can't live without leggings, you'll need these...
What Should I Review Next?
Send your request for a brand review and I'll add it to the blog content calendar!