If you’re searching for an easy, healthy and enjoyable riced cauliflower recipe, you’ve come to the right place! However, if you’ve somehow stumbled on this page with no intention of eating cauliflower as rice, hear me out for a second.
Cauliflower rice gives me the happiness and satisfaction that real rice does. The best part is, it goes just as well with recipes that I would cook with regular rice. TRUE WORDS. It’s is a great way to get the satisfaction of a full meal while cutting carbs. Head to the bottom of this post for more tips on how to actually enjoy cauliflower rice!
|Chicken breast, uncooked||4 oz|
|Cauliflower rice||2 cups|
|Mango salsa||1/2 cup|
|Minced garlic||1 Tsp|
Mango Salsa Recipe
|Red bell pepper||1/2|
|Green bell pepper||1/2|
|Salt||1 1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 Tsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tbsp|
- In a small non-stick pot, add 1/2 cup of water and bring to boil. Add the cauliflower rice and simmer for 5 minutes until the water is evaporated and cauliflower is softened. Add some salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken in strips and place in a non-stick pan. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and paprika.
- In a non-stick pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the minced garlic till they’re slightly golden.
- Throw in the chicken strips and add 1/2 cup of water, or enough to cover the base of the pan. Cover the pan and let the chicken simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Place the chicken strips on a cooking sheet and broil in the oven until they’re slightly charred.
- Sautee the broccolini in 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the warm cauliflower rice with mango salsa. Serve chicken and broccolini on the side.
|Vitamin A||> 100% RDA|
|Vitamin C||>100% RDA|
Tips Tips Tips
- It’s totally okay to buy mango salsa from the store if you don’t feel like making some from scratch. Head straight to the fresh produce aisle at the grocery store for fresh organic salsa.
- Replace the chicken with some grilled salmon or tofu for a vegetarian or vegan option.
- Also, feel free to mix in some brown rice for a more carbohydrate-dense option.
- If you have dietary restrictions, you can find other yummy gluten-free recipes on the website.
How would you cook cauliflower rice? Let me know what kinds of rice you’ve mixed in with this recipe!