Allow me to introduce you to the Carbon38 Takara leggings, the best liquid legging on the internet.
Carbon38 is a women’s activewear brand and online retail store that creates and curates the best in luxury activewear.
If you’re like me, you probably wanted liquid leggings at some point but have always been skeptical about them. Soo much can go wrong with liquid leggings: they can be too thin and get snagged on every surface; they can have a cheap shine that makes it look less dressy and more costumy; they can be made with fabric that has no structure and bunches everywhere. The list goes on and on.
I braved the Takara leggings because of the positive reviews on the website. Plus it was helpful to see what the leggings actually looked like on Instagram #takaraleggings. I even spotted a lady at a bar wearing the Takaras. I asked her about them and she told me she had bought them two years ago and was obsessed.
So if you’re in the market for wet, liquid, or faux leather-looking leggings, here’s my review of the popular Carbon38 Takara legging to help you decide!
Details: Carbon38 Takara Liquid Legging
- Size: XXS-XXL
- Fabric: 80% Nylon, 20% Lycra
- Color: Black, Enamel Blue, Hunter Green, Cobalt, Wine, Carbon red, Charcoal
- Care: Machine wash cold, tumble dry low, do not bleach, cool iron if needed
- Features: Moisture-wicking, Breathable
- Price: 109
Carbon38 Takara Legging Review
The Carbon38 Takara liquid legging is a high-rise legging designed for low to high impact activities. The legging is made from black fabric that is super thin with a one-sided glossy finish.
You’ll be happy to know that the Carbon38 Takara legging is vibrant. The black Takara leggings have a true black color and a sheen that will stop anyone in their tracks!
Watch out for the length if you’re 5’4″ or below. The Takara leggings have an inseam of 29″ and a 5″ wide waistband, so consider getting the high-rise 7/8 length Takara leggings instead for a full-length look.
Squatproof? Check! The Takara leggings are opaque enough to give you the coverage you need during those deep squats and deadlifts. The fabric is quite thin so consider investing in seamless workout underwear.
If you plan to go commando in your leggings, you’ll be happy to know that the Takara leggings have a gusset where you can place a panty liner.
Carbon38 Sizing Review
For reference, I’m a 26″ waist, 38″ hips, 32″ DD bust, 5’8 tall, US clothing size 4. (See the Carbon38 size chart below). I strongly recommend going with the size chart, so grab a tape measure and get your stats!
If you’re in between Carbon38 legging sizes, go with a size on the chart that’s within two inches of your hip and waist measurements.
For example, if you’re a 26″ waist and 34″ hip, go with a size XXS in the Takara leggings for a compressive fit. If you don’t want the firm hold in the waist, you can size up comfortably to an XS for a more relaxed it.
I bought the Takara leggings in size S because my measurements are closest to (within 1 inch) size S according to the Carbon38 size chart. I like a relaxed fit, and since the elastic waistband is compressive, I decided against sizing down to an XS.
What I Loved
Here’s what I loved about the Carbon38 Takara leggings:
- Quality: The Carbon38 Takara leggings look and feel like money. The seam placement is well thought out, the stitches are sturdy, and the fabric has a decent amount of structure — all of which is hard to achieve for liquid leggings!
- Fit: The Takara leggings fit like a glove. They wrap you up nicely from waist to hem and do not bunch anywhere. The leggings accentuate your figure and hug you without being too restrictive.
- Waistband: The waistband is thick and elasticated but also soft, so it feels like a nice cushy layer for your midsection. Trust me when I say that this waistband is not rolling anywhere. Plus, it also doesn’t warp like cheap elastic waistbands often do.
- Style: These gorgeous leggings can take you from studio to street. Best of all, the moisture-wicking feature ensures that you can go about your day sweat-free.
- Care: The Takara leggings are surprisingly easy to care for. As someone who hand-washes all her leggings that cost $100 and above, I felt some relief when I found that I could machine-wash AND tumble-dry these delicate-looking leggings.
What I’d Improve
As much as I want to love these stylish Carbon38 Takara legging, I can’t get over one thing.
- Thin Material: The Takara legging is lightweight, which gives it the barely-there feel, however, the thin fabric makes it difficult to find the right underwear. And I worry that it’ll get snagged or that the gloss finish will get distressed on certain surfaces. But if you’re mindful about these things then they should last you a long while.
Are Carbon38 Takara leggings worth it?
Yes, the absolutely are!
- Perfect for low to medium impact activities.
- Great for weight-lifting, yoga, pilates.
- Perfect for athleisure styling. Style your Carbon38 Takara leggings with a crop tee, your favorite denim jacket, and sneakers for a casual OOTD.
- Not the best for the active girl on a budget. See affordable activewear brands here.
Carbon38 Takara Legging Reviews
See what other buyers are saying about the Takara leggings.
How To Care For Your Carbon38 Takara Legging
Your activewear fabric needs more TLC than regular clothing because of the engineering that goes into creating performance wear. Follow the care instructions on your Carbon38 Takara legging label to allow them to withstand the test of time.
Avoid excess heat from washing in hot water, tumble-drying, or ironing as this can affect the strength of the fibers and degrade the fabric features. Instead, wash in cold water and use a clothing rack or opt for a low-heat tumble-dry setting.
The care label says it’s okay to iron on low heat, but the leggings will stretch out if they’re wrinkled so you don’t have to. See all the ways you can keep your activewear in perfect condition.
Where To Get The Takara Legging
Don’t pay full price for leggings! Be sure to get the Takara’s when they are on sale.
Stay Safe. Stay Motivated ❤️
Explore Activewear Brands By Category
See More Activewear Brands Like Carbon38
If you can't live without leggings, you'll need these...