You may have seen the Alo Yoga Moto legging on Instagram yogis or celebs like Kendal Jenner and Gigi Hadid. The Moto leggings have become the go-to pair for anyone looking for the studio-to-street effect. But are they worth the hype?
Alo Yoga is a fitness brand dedicated to creating yoga-ready clothing for men and women, from sports bras and tanks to leggings, jackets, and snazzy sherpas.
With over 10 activewear collections to the brand’s name, Alo Yoga is here to stay. The brand has built a cultish following due to its high-quality and trendy active clothing.
At an average cost of $100 per legging ($60 to $140), Alo Yoga will make a dent on your bank account. So should you spend your hard-earned cash on luxury leggings from this brand? Sit tight for my review of the Alo Yoga High-waist Moto Legging to see if they’re right for you!
PS: Scroll down to the bottom of the post to get a quick rundown of the Moto Legging 🙂
Details: Alo Yoga High-Waist Moto Legging
- Size: XXS-XL
- Fabric: Nylon/Spandex
- Color: Black Care: Machine wash cold, no tumble drying, no bleaching, no ironing
- Features: Moisture-wicking, antimicrobial technology
- Price: $114
Alo Yoga High-Waist Moto Legging Review
The Alo Yoga High-Waist Moto Legging is a high-rise full-length legging designed for low to medium impact activities.
It’s easy to see why the Alo Yoga Moto Legging is a yogi-favorite. The legging fabric is soft and cottony, stretchy, and allows for flexible movements. But if you’re looking for performance wear for running or weight-lifting, these leggings are not the best option in my opinion.
Support & Coverage
The Alo Yoga Moto legging fabric is mildly compressive and lacks the usual smooth feel and hold-you-in fit of performance leggings.
However, if you need midsection coverage, you’ll find that these leggings hit the mark. The waistband is about 5 inches wide and double-lined for support.
Squatproof? Check. The Alo Moto leggings are thick and opaque enough to give you the coverage you need. I’ve found that I can wear most underwear with these leggings since they’re on the thick side.
If you plan to go commando in your leggings, you’ll be happy to know that the Moto leggings have a lined gusset where you can place a panty liner.
Alo Yoga Legging Size Review
I bought the Alo Yoga Moto legging in size small after checking out the size chart. For reference, I’m a 27″ waist, 38″ hip, 32″ DD bust, 5’8 tall, 31″ inseam, US clothing size 4. (See the Alo Yoga size chart below).
I strongly recommend going with the size chart, so grab a tape measure and get your stats!
If you’re in between legging sizes, go with a size on the chart that’s within one inch of your hip and waist measurements. So for example, if you’re a 26″ waist and 34″ hip, your best fit would be an XS.
What I Loved
Here’s what I loved about the Alo Yoga Moto leggings:
- Fit: The Moto leggings fit like a glove. They fit nicely from waist to hem and do not bunch anywhere. The waistband is comfortable and secure without digging in.
- Style: These gorgeous leggings can take you from studio to street. Best of all, the moisture-wicking and antimicrobial features ensure that you can get to brunch sweat-free and stink-free!
What I’d Improve
As much as I want to love the Alo Yoga Moto leggings, I can’t get over a few things.
- Uncomfortable seams: The seams on the panels dig into my skin and itch no matter how much I try to ignore it.
- Lint: This legging attracts lint like flowers attract bees! You can follow these laundry tips to prevent lint from forming on your leggings. I definitely recommend any color other than black. Unfortunately, I bought 3 pairs of Alo Yoga leggings in black and I didn’t try them on for a few weeks after buying.
- Pilling: This fabric pills easily especially in the crotch area and in between the thighs. You’ll definitely want to watch where you sit while you wear these leggings.
- Logo: I wish the logo was less conspicuous. It feels a bit odd dressing these leggings up for a night out with the visible logo.
Should You Buy The Alo Yoga Moto Legging?
- Good for low to medium impact activities.
- Good for yoga, pilates, and lounging.
- Perfect for athleisure styling. Pair your Alo Yoga Moto legging with a tee and sneakers and call it a day.
- Not ideal for the active girl on a budget. I got them during Black Friday for $80 instead of $114, which makes it a little less painful. See some affordable activewear brands here.
“All in all, the Alo Moto leggings are not my ideal exercise leggings because of the fabric. They feel less like performance wear and more like loungewear. But they’re great go-to black leggings for going about your day or for a night out.”
Alo Yoga Moto Legging Reviews
See what other reviewers have to say about the Alo Yoga Moto Legging.
How To Care For Your Alo Yoga Moto Legging
Unfortunately, the Alo Moto leggings do not wash well; the black color may fade slightly over several washes and the threads may come loose. Follow the Alo Yoga care instructions carefully.
Turn the leggings inside out before washing, and wash in cold water. Also, avoid excess heat from tumble-drying high or ironing.
Place your Moto Legging in a mesh bag before throwing them in the washer. This will ensure that the meshed areas don’t get snagged by parts from other clothing.
Where To Get The Alo Yoga High-Waist Moto Legging
I got the Moto leggings during the Black Friday sales for $80! I suggest waiting for holiday deals to get snag-worthy prices.
You can also find the Alo Yoga Moto leggings in these stores:
Stay Safe. Stay Motivated ❤️
Explore Activewear Brands By Category
Explore Activewear By Activity
See More Brands Like Alo Yoga
If you can't live without leggings, you'll need these...